The 2016 Brown Aveda Institute Scholarship application is now closed
Each year, Brown Aveda Institute offers two scholarships for the Cosmetology program and one for the Esthetics Program. Scholarship awards include full tuition, kit fees, enrollment, and application fees that can be applied to either the Rocky River or Mentor institutes.
Application for the 2016 Scholarship
If selected, you will be invited to participate in the Scholarship Contest/Earth Month Fashion Show on Sunday, March 20th, 2016. You will select a model of your choice style their hair and makeup.
Of those that compete, one cosmetology and one esthetic winner will be chosen to receive a full scholarship to our Brown Aveda Institutes in Mentor or Rocky River.
Please review all rules and details of the contest below in order to be eligible to compete and accept the scholarship. Deadline for submissions is Friday, March 11th 2016 at 5pm.
Fill out the Application Below
View our 2015 Scholarship Winners!
Guidelines for entry
- Cosmetology Contest is based on the model that has the best finished look (hair style, makeup, and clothing). The Esthetics Contest is judged by the best makeup application along with your essay submission.
- All models must be 13 years or older, Men or Children CANNOT be used.
- Esthetics contestants must have a model dressed in Formal Black Tie attire, with their hair pulled back away from their face. You are being judged on the best evening glamour look of the model’s makeup.
- Cosmetology Contestants: No cutting or chemical services will be performed on the models anytime in the competition. You are responsible for the overall style of the model (hair, makeup, and clothing), and you will not be judged on the haircut or color of the models hair.
- Contestants work alone on their model, you must bring all of your own supplies, tools, product, and clothing needed to prepare your model.
- All Contestants must be dressed in Black on the day of the Scholarship event.
- Those selected will be contacted.
- When both Cosmetology and Esthetics contestants arrive the day of the contest there will be a before picture taken that will be given to the judges that evening so they can judge the best before and after model.
- The day of the competition you will be given 5 hours to complete the model’s hair and makeup and clothing. You are required to bring all of your own supplies and products to perform these tasks.
- It is not a requirement to enroll prior to the competition, if chosen as a winner you may register after that evening.
- The judging panel will be comprised of stylists, salon owners and alumni industry professionals.
- Finalists will be scored on their essay, model transformation (before and after), and overall look of the model. Each category will count for 1/3 of the total score.
- All winners will be selected on merit. Brown Aveda Institute will not discriminate on the basis of age, color, sex, creed, or any other characteristics protected by law.
- Contestants with any prior industry training or schooling are not eligible to participate. To participate you must have completed high school, have a GED, or a graduate.
- There will be two full cosmetology scholarships awarded and one Esthetics scholarship awarded that will include all tuition, kit fees, enrollment, and application fees that can be used in both locations
- All winners must complete admission requirements to accept scholarship, and if program is not completed the scholarship is null and void.