Join our team of educators!
The Evening Esthetics Instructor at our Strongsville school will be responsible for effective student instruction, as to assure that the school achieves all major educational goals, objectives, and continuing to meet the standards set forth by The Ohio State Board of Cosmetology and Brown Aveda Institute.
- Ensures that the curriculum taught reflects current standards within the State of Ohio industry standards, i.e. preparation and research;
- Ensures safe and sanitary practices by both students and instructors when practicing cosmetology and related sciences;
- Maintain academic records and provide continuous evaluation to students on an on-going basis, i.e. student's performance in theory, practical and supervised clinical experiences;
- Monitor student attendance in accordance to school policy and council as needed through verbal and/or written communication;
- Develop and administer theoretical and practical exams; write performance reports to evaluate students;
- Ongoing curriculum evaluation advising management on possible areas of needed improvement and overall program enhancements
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- This is an administrative position with minimal exposure to adverse working conditions.
- Position requires standing for periods of time, may require some lifting or moving up to 25 Ibs.
- Position Qualifications Required: High School Graduate; Esthetics School Graduate; Current Ohio Managing Esthetics License;
- Position Qualifications Desired: Graduate of an Aveda Institute;
- Previous Experience as an Educator in an Esthetics School;
- Previous Retail Experience at an Aveda Salon or Aveda Experience Center;
- Previous Training or Teaching Experience in the Beauty Industry
- High School Graduate
- Current Ohio Managing Cosmetology or Managing Esthetics License Required
- Current Ohio Cosmetology or Esthetics Instructors License Required