Giant Eagle is in search of a professional to execute the aspirations of the the store's Health/Beauty/Wellness (HBW) strategy.
This individual will be able to re-invent the health & beauty shopping experience at retail and differentiate product and service offer from specialty and other mass or traditional retailers.
This position provides leadership, motivation and direction to team members in the Health/Beauty and Baby Departments. The store location is 870 North Court St., Medina, OH 44256.
- Walk the sales floor and engage and provide helpful and friendly service customers shopping in the Health/Beauty/Baby departments
- Ensure that Giant Eagle customer service strategy is being followed by all team members in the Health/Beauty/Baby departments and provide appropriate coaching where necessary.
- Schedule team members subject to a collective bargaining agreement in accordance with the rules of that agreement and delegate work assignments effectively to meet the needs of the customers and maximize the profitability of the department
- Oversee ordering, receiving and stocking of HBC and baby products to ensure product is in stock and shelves are maintained to customer satisfaction
- Execute merchandising initiatives provided by the HBW corporate team to achieve budgeted sales.
- Develop additional merchandising strategies where necessary to stimulate growth of the Health/Beauty and Baby departments.
- Manage sales and profitability of the department by tracking weekly and periodic financial reports and making appropriate adjustments when necessary.
- Ensure proper procedures are being followed so that store meets out-of-stock percentage goal.
- Work closely with the Store Director, Pharmacy Manager, Store Dietitian and Skin Care/Beauty Professional and other Department Managers to execute goals of the Store and develop the HBW strategy.
- Meet with vendors to learn various sales strategies for products within in the Health/Beauty/Baby departments and oversee coordination of in-store demonstrations of product and special events
- Attend meetings in the corporate office with the HBW corporate team staff
- Attend weekly Store Staff Meetings
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering products and supplies in order to meet customer requirements and maximize profits. Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to increase profitability.
- Maintain safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA requirements are met at all times.
- Analyze the Customer Satisfaction Index and Employee Satisfaction Index to identify areas needing improvement and develop processes and/or procedures to address those issues.
- Promote the continuous development of employees and identify candidates for Management Development Process.
- Understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Responsible for budget development, expense control and/or revenue generation for a department. Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: $300k - $500k
- Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department.