Join our Brown Aveda Institute team!
Illustrative duties of the Inventory Team Leader may include, but are not restricted to, one or more of the following:
- Plan, direct and coordinate the process of ordering/receiving materials and products. This includes talking to vendors on pricing and availability needed to keep items flowing into our facilities.
- Maintain current database for all point of sale (front desk) transactions
- Run reports and analyze data.
- Work closely with Accounting establishing favorable terms of sale with vendors, reconciling charges and Quarterly reporting. Work closely with Marketing and Sales inconjunction with promos and sales.
- Monitoring for Usage vs. Services and Sales vs. Inventory. Monitoring weekly Inventory counts.
- Communicate with team members on a regular basis regarding suggestions, ideas and challenges.
- Expense shippers or review expensed shippers for correct pricing and receipt/charges.
- Submit credit memos to vendors after returned shipments or damaged items.Review weekly retail counts.
- Communicate with team members to determine reasons for discrepancies.
- Shipping/Receiving assistance for the salon.
- Audit location by spot checking reported numbers. Connect with team members if issues arise.
- Occasional Full Time and Part Time employees
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education and Experience: High School Degree. 2-3 years work experience in related field.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office. Understanding of Inventory Software preferred.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
- Communication and Interactions: Daily interaction with customers, staff, management, and at times vendors.
- Reliable method of transportation
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to stand and walk
- Ability to talk and hear
- Clear vision at close and mid distances
- Color vision (able to distinguish colors)
- Manual dexterity to operate general office equipment, such as phone, computer, printer, scanner, copy machine and fax.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Office environment (controlled climate).
- Exposure to hair products and hair chemicals